Tuesday 17 January 2017

Quick Palak Pulav/Spinach Rice

Hello Everyone,

I am Shruti and I am new here, both to the place and the world of blogging !!! I am reaaally excited about this.  So, a little bit about me - I am a housewife and I recently shifted to Saudi Arabia from India. Had lots of time in hand and so thought why not write a blog which is useful for people like me.


The reason I am here today is because my husband is not coming home for lunch.  Its like a relaxed sunday for me!! From morning till evening, sitting in front of my laptop, googling and listening to songs..ahhhh the little pleasures of life. During such days I always wished that I could spend the entire day without a break, with just music and blogs to fill my soul..unfortunately the same would not fill my tummy..hence MyJoyofCooking was born :D..cheesy..I know..anyways, on these days I have few recipes which I usually cook. They are healthy and yet can be made very easily.  Check them out..

  


Basmati rice 1/2 cup

Palak/Spinach 10 to 15 leaves
Coriander leaves 2 to 3 stem
Mint Leaves 3 to 4 leaves (Optional)
1 small onion thinly sliced lengthwise
Garlic 2 to 3 cloves
Cooking oil 2 teaspoon (I use sunflower oil)
1 teaspoon ghee
Green Chilly 1 to 2
Green peas 1/4 cup
bay leaf, cinnamon and cumin seeds (use very little, just for the flavor).

Take the pressure cooker and add oil and ghee.  Once it is heated, add the spices. Add chopped onion and garlic. Let the onion fry well.  In the meantime you can grind the chopped palak coriander mint leaves and green chilly. You do not have to make it a really fine paste.  By that time, the onion would have gotten cooked well.  Now you can add this grinded green mixture and green peas into the cooker and stir it nicely for a minute. Now add basmati rice and use water; double of the quantity of rice.  Check salt and add accordingly.  You can squeeze 5 to 6 drops of lemon juice and then close it with its lid.  I usually keep it for 4 whistle on an induction stove.


So thats it!!  It will hardly take you half an hour.  You can have it with curd - with little onion, coriander leaves and green chilli put in it and of course salt.


And now, back to feeding my soul !!


Take Care
Shruti



4 comments: