Friday 3 March 2017

Colorful, Healthy and Yummy scrambled egg !!

Hello Everyone !!

Scrambled eggs is one recipe which is a part of every chef's initial cooking days and one that would not have let you down!!.  It is one of the easiest & fastest dish one can make. You can try making it with almost any vegetable and I bet you it will come out good, except maybe bittergourd though !! :D. 


Scrambled egg is first recipe which comes to my mind when I am not in the mood to spend a lot of time in the kitchen but still would be craving to eat something nice which is homemade.


I like to have scrambled egg with lot of vegetables in it.  I love veggies (just in case if you hadn't figured it out by now :) )!! I somehow like the dishes to be predominantly fresh vegetables than the other stuff, like pasta or noodles. I don't have it when it is made up of only sauces and spices, not because it might not taste good, but cos my brain keeps telling me that it would be healthier with the veggies and this brings down the pleasure of eating it !! :( . In my other blog I have mentioned how I eat my potato chips with lot of vegetables.   

So today, I have prepared it with different colors of bell peppers. Bell peppers are rich source of vitamins, with each color having their own different level of vitamins & other nutrients. The red variant is said to have the highest. The icing on the cake however is, that using bell peppers will make your dish veeeery colorful !!


The recipe is :






1)  Eggs - 4 Nos
2)  Bell peppers  - 1/4 of each,  medium size (red, green, yellow            and orange, can skip one or two colors if you do not have it)
3)  Green Chilli - 2 Nos (as per your taste)
4)  Chilly flakes - 1/4 table spoon
5)  Coriander leaves - As per taste (I use 1 table spoon of the chopped leaves)
6)  Onion half (medium size)
7)  Pinch of turmeric
8)  Sunflower Oil - 2 to 3 tablespoon

In a bowl mix four eggs (I use one and half egg yolk from four eggs).  Add salt and turmeric - mix well and keep it aside. Heat a pan, add oil, finely chopped onions, green chilly (sliced lengthwise), salt and fry well till the onion turns light brown, add chilly flakes, then add all the finely chopped bell peppers to it and fry it till the bell peppers go soft.  Check salt and add if required. Then mix the egg and keep stirring till it forms into small balls and is nicely fried & cooked. Last but not the least, add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat !! Your yummy homemade dish is ready.


Try it out and let me know if you like it!!


Take care

Shruti





No comments:

Post a Comment